Physician Practice Analysis
In order to be successful in today’s health care environment, physicians in individual or group practices must focus on practice issues beyond the clinical delivery of care and management of their patients. Pressures from managed care plans, competitive organizations and other entities are forcing physicians to put critical focus on areas such as strategic planning, contract negotiation and management and office management.
A thorough practice analysis is equally vital to the hospitals that are affiliated with the physicians. By assisting affiliated physicians to manage their practices more efficiently, hospital administrators can help to ensure the success of their existing physician partnerships while also presenting an environment which is attractive to new service providers.
TriNet offers extensive experience in the following areas:
- Assistance in all components of the start-up of new physician practices.
- Evaluation of impact of relationship between large multi-specialty group practice and hospitals.
- Development of business plans for ongoing operations, expansion of services, or creation of new services and programs.
- Development of compensation plans for physician practices which are consistent with practice goals.
- Development of strategies for the integration of practitioners through a range of cost or revenue sharing models, including the development of group practices.
- Development of comprehensive medical staff development plans.
- Development of expanded primary care models.
- Operational and financial review of physician practices, with recommendations for improvements
- Development of billing and collections policies for faculty or community physician group practices.
- Selection and implementation of billing, accounts receivable and practice management information systems for physician group practices.
- Sensitivity analysis, reimbursement maximization and charge determination for physician solo or group practice.